Pablo prepares the backpack (II): Small extras
Here I talk about all those small things that I keep around the small pockets of my backpack. Any kind of thing, such as survival utensils or electronic adapters. I have listed in order as it appears in the picture:
- Playing cards for entertaining.
- A lighter.
- A carabiner.
- A fork-spoon-knife, convenient to eat when we prepare the food in advance and carry it in tupperwares.
- A tripod stand for camera, for taking pictures to us without a third person.
- A few wipes, you never know when you’ll be in need.
- A whistle-compass. I’ve never used, but why not to carry with it.
- A few condoms, to survive at least during the first month of travel.
- A sleep mask for sleeping in light places.
- Earplugs, essential to try to sleep in noisy environments.
- A rope, I wanted to buy it for months and finally did, for drying clothes anywhere. May also have other uses… any ideas?
- A knife with can opener, open bottle and many other features.
- A flash drive and a portable hard drive for backups.
- A flashlight that works without batteries, a few turns at the crank and we have light for hours.
- Pen and pencil.
- A battery and two memory cards for the camera.
- An agenda for writing down addresses and commitments, you never know when you will run out of battery!
- Permanent markers to make signs when hitchhiking, it always diserves to have more than one.
- Gel to wash our hands without water.
- A universal plug adapter and an adapter to connect various gadgets.